MAPS/MPBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS/MPBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Manager: Shannon Clare Carlin, M.A., Associate Director, Training and Supervision
Location: This is a remote position, a suitable home office is required, with a private and quiet area to work, free from distraction. A clean desk space, secure internet, and reliable phone reception are required. The duties of this position include frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. Priority is placed on applicants based in California. The MAPS PBC headquarters office is located in Santa Cruz, CA. Occasional travel may be required.
Hourly Compensation Range: $17.00 - $20.00, depending on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation is seeking an enthusiastic, focused, and organized person to join our Training and Supervision team. The Admissions Coordinator plays a major role in the interactions between the MDMA Therapy TrainingProgram and the public through close tracking of communications and applicants using online systems. This outward-facing position requires someone excited to engage with people and adept at database management.
Coordinate Admissions for the MDMA Therapy Training Program.
- Receive and process training applications, check for qualifications and complete materials, document management, data entry, filing.
- Coordinate with decision makers on review process, interviews, and admissions decisions.
- Enroll new trainees. Coordinate with training staff for registration, and Accounting for tuition payments.
- Communicate with applicants and the public via regular email communication as well as supporting the following means of communication: email newsletter, informational calls and documents, webinars, online videos, training program handbook, web content, email campaigns, moderating media platforms and online forum.
- Assist in developing infrastructure for the process of application and enrollment, including the editing of application forms, procedural documents, database and online file share systems, communications materials and online content.
- Schedule meetings, track multiple calendars, take meeting minutes.
- Occasionally assist in the delivery of public presentations.
- Meet regularly with MAPS PBC staff, trainees, and the public via online platforms.
- Report to manager weekly and participate in regular meetings on the project, department, and organizational level.
- Manage project tasks on Asana and contribute to project management.
- Create feedback surveys and analyze results for program improvements.
- Contribute to Training and Supervision Department planning and goals.
3+ years’ experience in administration, preferably in an education setting. Excellent computer and online organizational skills. Preferred familiarity with the mental health field. Awareness of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy and psychedelic research.
This remote position requires a highly motivated and organized person who follows through on assignments with attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to ask clear, goal-oriented questions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a focus on creating solutions
- Self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline, ability to communicate clearly about deadlines and expectations
- Ability to manage time well and ask for support when needed
- Self-reflective and committed to ongoing growth and improvement
- Embodies discretion and able to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Quick learner, excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
- Comfortable navigating Mac and PC operating systems
- Comfortable using internet applications
- Ability to support the following tools with some training (previous experience a plus): Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint), Smartsheet, Zoom, Asana, AWS, Moodle, Medrio, Google Forms, online surveys, Mailchimp, CRM database, spreadsheets
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff.
- Check in regularly with Manager and complete assignments by agreed deadline.
- Document process and provide regular updates.
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, of individual work and project outcomes.
- Proactively work to streamline work flows, build efficiency, security and user interface of various platforms.
' About Us:
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MPBC) is the wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) that was established in 2014. MPBC manages the clinical research program and oversees clinical trial operations, regulatory sciences, clinical publications, and clinical data management. MPBC’s primary work is completing Phase 2 studies of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, and preparing for the Phase 3 clinical trials required to develop MDMA-assisted psychotherapy into an approved treatment for PTSD. MPBC also manages a wide variety of clinical studies aimed at providing a medical context for the use of psychedelics in healing.