Video Systems Support Specialist (European Union)
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.Call for Candidates:
MAPS PBC is seeking an enthusiastic, focused, and organized person to join our Training & Supervision Department. The Video Systems Support Specialist plays an important role in collecting, processing, and providing content to MAPS PBC staff and contractors using custom software tools. This position requires competence in video systems and hardware, coding, software development, web security, patient confidentiality, organizational documentation and technical troubleshooting. Suitable candidates are able to work well in a fast environment and adept at organizing and managing complex information virtually. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/applyMPBC
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. Priority is placed on applicants based in the Netherlands where MAPS PBC has a presence. Occasional travel may be required.
Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday- Friday). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement. Meetings with MAPS PBC in California (PST) are required from time to time.
This position is non-exempt from overtime. Hourly compensation $23.00 - $26.00, depending on experience.
- Provide technical support for video processing tasks, both internally and externally.
- Operate and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software environments.
- Develop and support web applications for internal and external use.
- Develop automated data transfer systems and protocols.
- Provide quality assurance.
- Build video recording systems for Expanded Access, MP18, MAPP3, and other future studies.
- Assigning Adherence Raters and Supervisors video review tasks.
- Support therapists with video system setup and accessing recordings.
- Support the release of videos to participants.
- Support Senior Independent Raters in editing and distributing videos.
- Support internal staff in recording and distributing online training videos and webinars.
- Scale existing cloud infrastructure.
- Reports to Video Systems Manager weekly and participates in regular meetings on the project, department, and organizational level.
- Facilitate organizational documentation; including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), spreadsheet tracking, and other related processes.
- Manage project tasks on Asana and contribute to project management.
- Perform occasional EU site visits.
- Previous or current college experience in a related engineering, information technology, bioinformatics, mathematics or computer science field is required.
- Proficient systems administration and software development experience.
- Previous or current experience in audio/video processing.
- Proficient in UNIX OS environments, especially Debian based distributions.
- Previous or current experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Flow
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Embodies discretion and able to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Familiarity with the GDPR, HIPAA, and other applicable regulatory law
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Open and clear communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and influential approach
- Self-motivating, able to prioritize and take initiative
- Make informed decisions based on guidance from manager and take responsibility for actions
- Possess sound judgment, discretion and be detail orientated
- Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and timelines
- Able to work quickly in a remote virtual setting
- Computer skills, facility with word-processing and spreadsheet applications
- Coordination and planning of tasks and time management
- Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure
- Be proactive in problem solving
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff.
- Check in regularly with Manger and complete assignments by agreed deadline.
- Document process and provide regular updates.
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, of individual work and project outcomes.
- Proactively work to streamline work flows, build efficiency, security and user interface of various platforms.
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
To apply, visit https://tinyurl.com/applyMPBC.