Clinical Trial Specialist
About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC):
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Call for Candidates
MAPS PBC is seeking an enthusiastic, focused, and organized person to assist in our Operations. The Clinical Trial Specialist will provide operational and program level support to the clinical research team for negotiating, structuring and management of contractual documents with clinical trial sites and vendors. This position requires competence in negotiating contracts, ability to understand study budgets and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint as well as a Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS). Suitable candidates are able to work well in a fast environment and adept at organizing and managing lots of information virtually. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/applyMPBC
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. Priority is placed on applicants based in the pacific time zone. The MAPS PBC headquarters office is located in Santa Cruz, CA. Occasional travel to the office may be required.
Full time, 40 hours per week
Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday PST). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
This position is eligible for overtime. Salary compensation range is $50,000-$60,000 plus benefits depending on experience.
Reports to the Executive Director of MAPS Public Benefit Corporation, Head of Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs
This role includes supporting the study managers and finance in the following activities:
- Site budget and contract negotiations
- Review, classify and categorize invoices according to contracts in collaboration with applicable subject matter experts
- Selection and management of vendors, including contract negotiations and change orders in collaboration with the Study Managers
- The Clinical Trial Specialist should demonstrate good communication skills, and adaptability
- Willingness and flexibility to achieve a common goal when change occurs
- Taking ownership of, and accountability for, the completion of assigned tasks, while demonstrating professional maturity
- An ability to facilitate meetings, including developing the agenda, taking and distributing meeting minutes and completing follow-up, with oversight
- Implementing changes to contracts after receiving feedback from stakeholders
- Manages project tasks in Asana and contribute to project management
- Central tracking for the life cycle of site contracts and vendor management
- Reconcile site activity to monthly billing
- Contributes to setup and maintenance of information entered in a Clinical Trial Management System
- Support study teams in ensuring all trial deliverables are met according to timelines, budget, and contracts in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and Study Managers
- Contribute to discussions on billing schedule, performance requirements and metrics that will have the greatest impact on improving the contracting processes
- Serves as a central contact with internal stakeholders and/or other external customers regarding contracts related issues
- Understands the scope of work, terms and conditions of contracts and makes recommendations to Senior Leadership Team.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as requested
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in clinical science, clinical trial or site management, medical affairs, site and/or program level budgeting or contracting, and/or drug development
- Experience developing clinical research budgets and/or coverage analysis
- Experience in clinical trial billing
- Experience in medical coding or billing
- Experience supporting multiple clinical trials required.
- Experience supporting global clinical trials highly preferred.
- Research or health care related academic work experience preferable.
- Experience with CTMS and data systems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Open and clear communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and influential approach
- Self-motivating, able to prioritize and take initiative
- Make informed decisions based on guidance from manager and take responsibility for actions
- Possess sound judgment, discretion and be detail orientated
- Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and timelines
- Able to work quickly in a remote virtual setting
- Computer skills, facility with word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Coordination and planning of tasks and time management
- Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure
- Proactive problem solving
- Able to work at a fast pace and manage multiple complex projects
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff.
- Check in regularly with Department Director and complete assignments by agreed deadline.
- Document process and provide regular updates.
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, of individual work and project outcomes.
- Proactively work to streamline work flows, build efficiency, security and user interface of various platforms.
To apply, please visit https://tinyurl.com/applyMPBC.